On 14 June people gathered at the Platform in Morecambe for FoodFutures annual reflection and celebration day. Time travelling, dreaming, discussing, eating and action planning all formed part of a day that aimed to grow our food futures and cultivate a more connected “healthy, resilient and fair food system” here in North Lancashire
A series of breakout groups and discussions formed around some strategic long-term work, including:
- Reducing food and other waste across Lancaster District.
- Developing and purchasing a community farm in 2024-25.
- Sharing knowledge around how to do emergency food support well.
- Developing a local food hub to support more direct sales between local food producers and local eaters.
- Growing food and biodiversity in schools through the WhereThe Wildings Are! project.
- ReFilberts Too! A social enterprise bakery that’s powered by the sun and embedded in various communities.
- Developing a business network around the Good Food Manifesto.
- Shaping a research strategy that evidences need, successes and learnings and helps to shift food-related policy whilst building collaborative research approaches.
You can now read a type up of the day’s dreams, discussions and work HERE.