FoodFutures’ 10-Year Strategy Development
In shaping our 10-year strategy, we are taking a place-based approach (covering North Lancashire), that thinks through how we can build a thriving local food system that is healthy, resilient and fair.
In doing so FoodFutures seeks to align this strategy with a number of international and local frameworks and goals that include: the Sustainable Development Goals, the Paris Climate Accord, the six core pillars of food sovereignty and Lancaster District Council’s People’s Jury climate recommendations.
As a member of the national Sustainable Food Places network, FoodFutures will also cover and embed the key themes outlined in the Sustainable Food Places silver award framework:
- Taking a joined-up approach to food.
- Building a local good food movement.
- Tackling food poverty, access to healthy food and diet-related ill-health.
- Creating a vibrant and sustainable food economy.
- Transforming catering and procurement of sustainable food.
- Tackling the climate and nature emergency through good food.
Help shape our local food strategy
We have created a variety of opportunities for you to get involved – whether you are a food eater, producer, distributor or thinker. The final strategy hopes to be a ‘guiding North star’ for holistic food work in the District – one that is reviewed and adapted annually in response to changes in local circumstance.