Food Safety in Catering (Level 2 Award)
This Course is designed to provide the required nationally recognised accredited award in catering at Level 2 for anyone who is involved in the preparation and provision of food to the general public.
The course content will highlight learner’s legal responsibilities, identifying risks to produce through a detailed examination of cross-contamination, cooking, chilling and cleaning practices.
All learners will undertake an assessment under exam condition, which if successful will result in them gaining the award which in turn can be utilised to maintain or gain employment in the food industry.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- define cross-contamination
- list 3 recommended food handling practices that help prevent cross-contamination
- explain the difference between a detergent, a disinfectant and a sanitiser
- describe 3 different types of food hazards
- list the 3 elements required for the growth of bacteria
- identify recommended safe temperatures for food processing and storage
Date & time: Wednesday 1 November 9.30am -12.30pm AND Thursday 2 November, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Find out more and book