The FIG Tree is primarily an education facility running school workshops, heritage and tourism activities, community events and a consultancy service. The FIG Tree has been without a base since the flooding in 2015 but is now working with Lancaster Priory to run The FIG Tree at The Priory café. The FIG Tree has a successful link with the cocoa farming community of New Koforidua, Ghana, Africa’s first Fair Trade Town. Cocoa beans are purchased directly from farmers in New Koforidua or from the local cooperative Kuapa Kokoo and used to make bean to bar chocolate in Garstang, the world’s first Fair Trade Town. FIG Tree bean to bar chocolate is sold at Lancaster Priory, Single Step Wholefood Cooperative, The Radish and on stalls when the opportunity arises.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Featured from The Archive: The Faces Behind Our Food
- Rory Walker – The Borough Brewery 17 October 2016
- William Beadon – Thornton Meadow Mushrooms 17 October 2016
- Steph Stephenson – Stephensons Dairy 17 October 2016
- Ray Edmondson – Edmondsons Fresh Fish 17 October 2016
- Sharon Peacock – Cockerham Boers 17 October 2016
- Amanda Gorton – Mansergh Hall Farm 17 October 2016
- Gary Troughton – Dolphinholme Honey 17 October 2016
- Alan Schofield – Growing With Nature 17 October 2016
- Bruce Crowther – The FIG Tree 17 October 2016
- William Howard – Billy’s Eggs 17 October 2016
- Felicity (Fil) Duirwyn – Filbert’s Bakery 17 October 2016
- Spud Club – Claver Hill 17 October 2016
- The Faces Behind Our Food – Introduction 28 September 2016
B2B B2C beer biodynamic biscuits bread buttermilk cake cheese chocolate coffee creme fraiche dairy dairy-free diabetic eggs fair-trade fish flour foodbank supporting free range fruit game gluten-free hallal jams and preserves juice lion accreditation locally sourced meat milk organic potted shrimp poultry red tractor seasonal produce seeds smoked sugar-free take-away tea vegan vegetables vegetarian yoghurt