November is a busy month for the FoodFutures network as we support and host a number of events. This includes a FoodFutures harvest gathering and strategy day on the 29th November and Lancaster’s Midwinter Market on the 17th December. We hope you can join us at one or both of these events!
FoodFutures harvest gathering, on Monday 29th November, seeks to reflect on the past year’s activities whilst celebrating and cultivating ‘Our Food Futures: a community food strategy for North Lancashire’. The day will be split into the following sessions whilst also supporting local businesses, community spaces and growers that are aligned with our vision of “a thriving Local Food System that is healthy, resilient and fair”. Booking for each session is essential – to support us in catering for the right number and avoiding food waste!
- Morning reflection session (10:00 – 12:00). This is for FoodFutures working group attendees and those who have participated in strategy activities or projects over the past year. Booking is essential. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/foodfutures-harvest-gathering-morning-reflection-session-tickets-205267449467
- Lunch and Growing Our Food Futures strategy launch (12:00 – 15:30). This session is for the curious and anyone else wanting to learn more about and cultivate North Lancashire’s community food strategy. From strategic thinkers, policy makers, influencers and farmers, to chefs, community food projects, local food businesses, caterers, educators and passionate food citizens living in Lancaster District and surrounding areas – you are very welcome! Food will be provided by the Global Village Cafe. Booking is essential. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/networking-lunch-growing-our-foodfutures-strategy-launch-tickets-205259445527
- Hope spots tour and open space sessions (15:30 – 16:30) This open space session will respond to what’s emerged during the day – offering space to dive deeper and respond to peoples’ interests, whilst showcasing the hope spots work. Booking is essential. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/hope-spots-tour-and-open-space-sessions-tickets-205289435227
- Drinks & chit-chat (17:30 – 19:00).This session is open to everyone and seeks to build new connections. Meet in the Sun Pub.
- Harvest meal (19:00 – 21:00). This meal is open to everyone and seeks to build new connections and celebrate over good food and drink – supplied by the Global Village Cafe. Numbers are restricted so booking is essential. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/foodfutures-harvest-meal-tickets-205280608827
On Friday 17th December from 10:00-17:00 Lancaster’s Midwinter Market will return to Lancaster’s central market square; showcasing local food and drink producers, woodworkers, community food projects and local craftspeople.
We are still seeking more stalls, street demos and musicians to entertain, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30th November if you are interested in joining Lancaster’s MIdwinter Market.