Home Forums Needs and Wants Feedback and amendments on testing the website

2 voices
5 replies
  • Author
    Moonloft
    Keymaster

Please send feedback and test the boards at the same time! Thanks, Sarah at Moonloft.

Deborah
    Participant

I’ve had a good poke about in the website. It looks very nice – really clean and friendly looking, modern but not corporate, easy on the eye. There’s lots of content and I found it quite easy to navigate, and you can just go from link to link, reading more. It was always easy to get back to the top menu and locate where you were.

I’ve only few points –
    No contact us page? Not even a contact form? How would people get in touch with you if they want to. Maybe I’m just not spotting it.
    When you click ‘Get Involved’ on the banner on the home page it doesn’t take you anywhere. It just seems to reload the home page. You have to scroll down to the Get Involved button below that. I think you’d want any click on Get Involved to take you to the Get Involved page.
    Just my opinion but I think it’d be better to have the option to become a FoodFriend more prominent as a button on the landing page (also on the Get Involved page obvs)
    I found the forum, but I would never have known it was there if I hadn’t been determinedly poking about. Maybe you don’t want to flag it up too much as moderating forums can become a bit of a palaver 🙂 The signing up was OK though there was what looked like a clickable button saying ‘sign up’ and on my screen I had to scroll down to see the sign up form, but initially I just saw what looked like a ‘sign up’ button that wasn’t a button, and I thought it wasn’t working. But anyway, I got past that and the activation code email worked fine. But when I first got in, I seemed to be sent to the local food directory? I don’t quite know how that happened, but that’s where I ended up logged into that somehow? I thought maybe I’d misunderstood and that’s all the ‘forum’ was but I went back to where I’d started and got directly into the actual forum section. But when I get to the forum, I can’t see any way of interacting with it – I think there’s no content at the moment because it’s new so obvs I can’t see different threads, but I also can’t make a post, I can’t start a thread? Or if I can, I can’t figure it out. It might well be me being a numpty but then lots of people are as numpty as me!

But these are small points and overall, it’s really approachable, interesting content, easy to navigate and looks good!

Moonloft
    Keymaster

Hi Deborah

Thanks for flagging these up and testing this board. (Anna has a doc to gather feedback but it’s good that this board is getting tested too.)

I’ve corrected the link on the Get Involved button.

I’ve changed the settings so that you should hopefully be taken to your priflie on login.

There is a contact form but it’s a bit hidden. It can included elsewhere if needed, I’d better wait for that decision to be made.

Admins can set different user levels for who gets to create new forums and topics. So that can be amended if different levels of users get different access.

Thank you!
    Sarah

Moonloft
    Keymaster

Hi Deborah

I have just checked and at “participant” level, which you are, when logged in you chould be able to create a topic within an existing forum. So If you go to the Needs and Wants board you should be able to Add a Topic beneath existing Topcs.

Let me know if not.
    Sarah

Deborah
    Participant

Yes, I see now, I can do that.

I can’t create a new topic in the Group Forums – is that right? When I scroll to the bottom of the Get Involved page there are 3 columns: Latest Activity; Groups; Members. Will the Group Forums actually have subgroups – like will there be a Food Poverty Group, with its own nested sub-threads?

In the Members column, I can see recent replies and they are clickable. I’d find it more seamless and simple if there was a clickable link there that took me to https://foodfutures.org.uk/forums/ – clicking on an individual topic seems too fine grained if what I’m looking for is to get into the forums. But that might just be my head and other people might think the recent replies is a better way in.

Don’t mean any of this to sound critical. I mean it to be helpful to show how outsiders will try to navigate. The site is really nice.

Moonloft
    Keymaster

Thanks Deborah!

Thanks for the nice comments about the site, the feedback doesn’t sound critical it’s all helpful to know.

As an admin I made a test “private group” called Researchers and that’s the only group so far. I think people might be able to request to join it? We need someone other than me to be able to moderate groups and user levels. Hopefully Anna will be able to get her Admin access and we can then decide on how this works best and who can moderate and add new groups for testing this a bit better.

Thank you
    Sarah

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 FoodFutures | Website by Moonloft

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account