Closing Loops World Cafe Caton
Join us for an evening of great food and conversation to celebrate the launch of Closing Loops, a new climate action project from FoodFutures (North Lancashire’s Sustainable Food Network).
As part of the project launch we are hosting four “world cafes” in the heart of communities around our district. A “world cafe” brings people together for short, focused conversations around a specific topic. These conversations will be followed by a two course meal cooked by a community chef using local, seasonal and surplus food.
Join the Closing Loops team at one of the events and share your ideas around the Closing Loops themes:
- Growing, cooking and eating local, seasonal food
- Composting, surplus food and reducing waste
- Reimagining a circular and regenerative local economy
The sessions are free to attend and a two course dinner made with locally grown, seasonal or surplus produce will be provided on a pay as you feel basis.
There will be a series of four world cafes in locations across North Lancashire. Please register on Eventbrite for the one nearest to you:
- Olive Bar at the Gregson Centre, Lancaster on 17 October 2022
- Civic Hall, Carnforth on 3 November 2022
- The Salvation Army, Morecambe on 9th November 2022
- The Victoria Institute, Caton on 19 November 2022
For more information, please contact Nina Osswald on firstname.lastname@example.org.