Written by Amy Kohl, FoodFutures Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Are you enthusiastic and passionate about local food? Or have you been following Food Futures for a while and want to help in some way? If the answer is yes to either of these questions -you could be a FoodFutures Local Food Champion!
FoodFutures is seeking to build a network of enthusiastic and passionate Local Food Champions throughout North Lancashire. We aim to appoint at least one Food Champion in each of the Hamlets/Villages/Towns/Cities within the Lancaster District political area to support the development of a decentralised sustainable food network and the telling of stories from across the region.
Being a part of the Local Food Champion network will play an integral part to FoodFutures wider communications work. There’s no better marketing strategy than word of mouth! We want to know what’s going on in your local area; you will be our eyes and ears on the ground!
Further responsibilities could include:
– Supporting FoodFutures in distributing THRIVE – North Lancashire’s community food magazine.
– Collecting stories and writing pieces for FoodFutures local food column about local community food projects, local food businesses, local residents sustainable food stories etc.
– Listing local food businesses and community food projects on North Lancashire’s local food directory.
– Sharing and promoting upcoming events and campaigns locally.
– Promoting North Lancashire’s community food strategy, good food manifesto and call to action locally.
But there is more to this network than responsibilities!
In exchange for Local Food Champions support, we will offer regular socials, skill share events and welcome you to a supportive network of people seeking to cultivate thriving local food systems that are healthy, resilient and fair. As part of this, you will be welcomed to FoodFutures decision making table – to working group meetings and strategy days – to help shape our work going forwards. See this as a food citizen role.
If interested in this role, please fill out this form by the 20th of January 2022 – https://forms.gle/Nfjwn8we2FD9Fngw6
As part of this process, we hope to see you on the 29th of January for our first networking event to welcome our new Local Food Champions!