Communications and Engagement Working Group
A communications and engagement strategy was created to support the implementation of FoodFutures Strategy. This working group is here to successfully take forward, develop, implement, and review this communications and engagement strategy, with the aim of supporting FoodFutures’ vision of creating a ‘A thriving local food system that is healthy, resilient and fair’.
This working group pulls together FoodFutures core communications team and those from our wider partnership and network.
Focussing on both internal and external communications, this working group pilots projects, develops the communications and engagement strategy, offers support to those in our network, hosts skills shares and acts as the decision making board for projects such as THRIVE magazine and the Good Food Manifesto.
This group meets every month
This group’s priorities are:
Communications and Engagement Strategy:
- Take forward, develop, implement and review the FoodFutures communications and engagement strategy
- Develop the citizen journalism model
- Share local food stories across the Lancaster District
- Create a distribution model
- Make THRIVE self sufficient
- Thrive Podcast launch
Good Food Manifesto:
- Work with hospitality businesses
- Share FoodFutures vision and implement it within businesses
- Access to corporate funding
- Create a network of local food champions across the Lancaster district
- Attend events across the Lancaster District
- Develop an interactive stall